Ken Atkinson OBEMember of Advisory Council
- Ken Atkinson started his career in international banking and after 14 years, including assignments in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, he set up his own consultancy business.
- With over 42 years emerging market experience and 40 years Asian experience, Ken has undertaken corporate finance transactions in many emerging markets worldwide (Eastern Europe, the People’s Republic of China and several other countries in South East Asia).
- Ken has been working almost exclusively in Vietnam, Cambodia and Lao PDR during the last 28 years.
- His work has included financial advisory, transaction support, with a strong emphasis on capacity building projects funded by multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors.
- He has broad experience in advising Clients including commercial banks on project appraisal, debt finance, loan restructuring, corporate restructuring and equity funding.
- Chairman – British Business Group Vietnam (1989-2001 and 2015-present)
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Newborns Vietnam
- Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board
- Former Chairman of Vietnam Business Forum Tourism Working Group
- Former Chairman of EuroCham Tourism and Hospitality Sector Committee
- Former Member of the International Board of Governors – Operation Smile International
- Former Board Member Kids with Cancer Foundation
- Former Chairman of Operation Smile Vietnam
- Former Chairman of Britain in Asia Pacific
- Former Treasurer of Eurocham